Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: PV FANS

  1. #11
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    [quote=Shooter
    My goodness, I didnt think I would get on here and have people actually DEFENDING the noncheering fans. [/quote]

    it is just a personal thing. Some go to a concert they paid $75.00 for and just watch the show while others have the times of their lives. Some drink so much alcohol they can't even remember where they were and where their $70.00 went to.
    Some cheer at games and some watch. Some walk around and pay $5 to show what crowd they run with and try to look important.

    I've been to Raider games where it was electric and I've been to games where no one says a peep.

    I will admitt that if the fans can't get up for PV being ahead of Richanlds that is very odd.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    Simple facts are this

    1)Most of your younger folks won't do it unless there are some student leaders, who are considered cool, who do. Then everybody will to be cool. Problem with this scenario is most of the 'cool' ones are on the field.

    2)The ones who have recently graduated have passed into the 'its beneath me' category. Oh the former players may show, and they'll watch but mostly to brag about how they are better than the guy who is in their spot. If they didn't play, they'll sit and down the coaches for still not knowing who to play. Most of the girls in the just graduated don't come unless they are dating a current player (in which case they don't need to cheer, they just wear a jersey, smile and look pretty). If they date a former, they sit with the former player, normally leaving before the game is over.

    3)The parents. Some parents don't want to get into the game too much because then their kids fuss at them. I've seen it happen. Then you al so have where it turns into the same old game of 'did you notice that #so an so's parents didn't cheer when our #such and such made that play. They think he's so good don't they! Yes parents end up turning even cheering into ego clashes. You then have your parents who are great and cheer no matter what and who.

    4)Good teams don't deserve it. Your good teams get to the point that they spoil the fans. Go to a lesser team and watch them being competitive and its loud. Go to a team that wins a lot and watch them in a battle and its quiet, especially if its not a rival. Now Richlands is a heck of a team, but its not a team that most fans have 'friends that go there', its not really a PV Rival.

    Anyhow, its not cool to be excited at games. It doesn't just happen at PV, it happens to almost all of us.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    The part that really kills me is those people sitting there on there hands will turn to each other and down the people cheering! I don;t know how many times I've heard "I wish he would just shut up" or "I get so sick of hearing his mouth". If you dont want to hear cheering, or participate...why even show up? If you are just there to see the final score, then its pointless to be there. Fans go to games to be a part of the game.
    I dont think I would compare sitting on my hands at a concert to a ballgame...when you go to a concert, you are there to LISTEN.
    Oh well, I give up. If it takes this much convincing, then they won;t get up anyway. I just think its sad for the Vikes.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    I'll tell you one person that you'll never have to complain about down there. PVFan's ma. She's one fired up, loud, lady. Constantly yelling and ringing her cowbell. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    haha, i need to get with her and we can ring our cowbells together! Me, her, and Chris can be the cheering section!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    I had her to the left of me and another woman with a bell to the right. My head was ringing right along with those bells. Maybe you just need to move out of the geriatric section (stands) and move to where the noise is (the fence). [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #17
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    I have to disagree on this one point

    " Now Richlands is a heck of a team, but its not a team that most fans have 'friends that go there', its not really a PV Rival."

    when JIB played William Campbell in the jamboree, which means nothing in the standings, the stadium was rockin. What have WC and JIB played, one time? But it was a huge thing. The PV / Richlands game should have been a big deal to those fans just because of the quality of the team's playing each ohter.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    Myself being there as a non PV fan, I think shooter may be overreacting some. It's possible his frustration stems from times before when they were quiet or uninterested but, I thought that the PV faithful was loud and into the game until the punt return in the 3rd. It was a little deflating. The Richlands crowd was great though. They were loud and having a great time. Being a defending AA state team and having such a long win streak helps make you vocal I'm sure too.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    Well Lung, i definately would move to the fence, but I have 2 kids (girls to boot), and if I dont keep them sitting there then they are liable to run off with some boy. Then I would get angry...and people wouldn't like me when I get angry. Heck they don't like me when I'm happy.

    And yeah I agree starbuck,This was a BIG game between 2 good teams. And it wasnt a blowout, it was a GREAT game...should have been some noise.
    I can excuse a little "sittin on your hands" during a blowout..but this was no time for it.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PV FANS

    Yeah, It does stem from times before. I posted last year about the same topic. I just got pissed last night when PV was trying to make a big defensive stand, and when myself, and couple of my fellows got up and tried to get the surrounding crowd going, they looked at me wth DISGUST.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •